Our office is currently closed to the public but we are still accepting your applications. Please submit your applications electronically to email@example.com or drop them off in the utility payment box in front of City Hall.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office at 509-684-5096 or 509-684-5097.
The Building and Planning Department administers, authors, revises, and
enforces policies and regulations associated with building, land use and community
development. Department staff provides the link between the elected and appointed
officials, administration and other government officials, agencies, departments, and the
general public on planning and building related issues, process, policy and projects.
This Department processes construction and land use permits and administers State-
mandated regulations and City ordinances, such as the State Environmental Policy Act,
the Life Safety Codes, the Growth Management Act, and local zoning, subdivision, and
land use ordinances.
- Create development regulations that protect the environment and quality of life in the community while providing clear direction for developments.
- Process applications and issue permits in an efficient and courteous manner.
- Provide prompt, accurate review of project proposals and facilitate decision process.
- Perform timely project inspections to ensure compliance with adopted standards and laws.
- Enforce the development regulations with consistency, efficiency, and fairness.
- Manage and administer the Departments programs, budget and personnel in an efficient and prudent manner.
- Provide a more efficient and effective service by utilizing sound methodology, technical and scientific practices.
- Enhance the ability to make sound decisions and provide better service through development of staff skills and knowledge.